Terms and conditions of use.
Hall Booking Policy and Procedures
Preston Candover Village Hall Management Committee wish to ensure that Village Hall is utilised for the benefit of Preston Candover Village Residents and User Groups and to minimise disruption to the community.
This policy is implemented to ensure the effective hiring of the Hall to both
regular user groups and private hirers and to provide safeguards to users and
the local community.
All persons hiring / using Preston Candover Village Hall or taking part in activities are expected to comply with the standards which are set out in this document.
Bookings are available for the inhabitants of the Parish of Preston Candover and the neighbourhood as per the Governing Document, and outside the local community to help finance the running costs of the Trust property. The Hirer will be over 18 years of age.
Charges are made for actual access time.
£15.00 per hour
£220 per full day
£400 per 2 consecutive full days
These fees are reviewed annually by the Preston Candover Village Hall Management Committee.
The Booking Secretary shall agree access arrangements with the Hirer.
The Booking Secretary will supply an Access Code to The Hirer for their safekeeping and use.
This will be communicated via email prior to your booking.
Standards for the hire of Preston Candover Village Hall
Preston Candover Village Hall Management Committee would like all users to embrace and enjoy the facilities and activities of the Hall.
To achieve this, every user is expected to adhere to the following standards:
Exercise a duty of care for the health, safety and welfare of all persons
using Preston Candover Village Hall facilities. (Maximum capacity main hall 100
persons, small hall 30).
Ensure compliance with Preston Candover Village Hall policies. Specifically:
Health and Safety Policy, Environmental Policy, Equal Opportunities
Policy and the Child Protection and Vulnerable Adults Policy.
Ensure all children and young persons under the age of 18 are supervised
at all times, by an appropriate adult as per the Hire Agreement.
Treat everyone with respect and in accordance with their needs, embracing individual difference.
Do not cause disorder or excessive noise, to the potential detriment of residents or other users.
Park vehicles in a considerate manner as not to cause obstruction or danger.
Ensure the building is left safe and secure.
Leave all facilities clean, tidy and immediately report any damage or hazards to the Bookings Secretary via email
Any complaints should be made in accordance with Preston Candover Village Hall Complaints Policy and Procedure. You can do this by completing a feedback form on our website:
This Agreement is made on the date hereof between Preston Candover Village Hall which is a registered charity “THE COMMITTEE” and the Hirer whereby in consideration of the HIRER paying the Hiring Fee specified and acting in accordance with the terms and conditions of hire.
Preston Candover Village Hall agrees to permit the Hirer to use the Hall on the
Date(s) and Times and for the Purpose(s) specified subject to the terms of the Hire Agreement.
For the purposes of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer or, where the Hirer is an organisation or group, the authorised representative. The HIRER will be over 18 years of age.
· The HIRER is the Event manager and will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents; their care, safety from damage however slight, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity: including proper supervision of car parking and young people under 18 years.
Use of Premises
· The HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that advised at the time of booking.
· Standard operating hours are 7.00 to 23.30, although all music must cease at 23.00hrs.
· The capacity (100 persons in the main hall and 30 in the small hall – 150 standing) must not be exceeded
· The sale of alcohol in any form is not permitted unless a Temporary Event Notice has been obtained from Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. Alcohol is permitted for private events where not sold.
· The HIRER shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose, or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies.
· The HIRER will be responsible for obtaining any licences that are needed and for the observance of the same.
· The premises will not be used for any form of adult entertainment of a sexual nature, when persons attending are under the age of 18.
· No smoking is allowed anywhere in Preston Candover Village Hall.
· Doors and windows will be managed during events to ensure that noise does not escape from the building.
· The HIRER is requested to ensure that users leave quietly and have consideration for residents.
· The HIRER shall reimburse THE COMMITTEE for the cost of any repair or damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring because of the hiring.
· The HIRER shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third-party claims which may lie against them (or the organisation if acting as a representative) whilst using the Premises. (THE COMMITTEE is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence).
Children Act – Safeguarding Children
· The HIRER shall ensure that any activities for children comply with relevant legislations and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
· Except for private parties, where events are organised for children, The HIRER will have a valid certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service and The HIRER takes full responsibility for any other person’s they engage to look after children.
· There shall be a minimum of three competent persons over 18 years of age to supervise all children’s events. Children are not allowed in the Hall unaccompanied.
· Where the event is predominantly for children under the age of 16 years there shall be additional adult supervision. The NSPCC recommends:
o Aged 0 - 2 years: 1 adult to 3 children
o Aged 2 - 3 years:1 adult to 4 children
o Aged 4 - 8 years:1 adult to 6 children
o Aged 9 - 12 years:1 adult to 8 children
o Aged 13 - 18 years:1 adult to 10 children.
Health and Hygiene
· The HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, ensure all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations are adhered to.
· The HIRER shall familiarise themselves with the location of the First Aid Kit.
· Under the Fire Safety Order 2006 hirers of premises such as Village Halls etc. bear the responsibility for fire safety for the duration of their hire.
· As the HIRER of Preston Candover Village Hall and organiser of your event this responsibility will fall to you.
· The building has previously been risk assessed under the Fire Safety Order so in essence the extent of your responsibilities can be summarised as follows.
The hirer must: -
o Be familiar with the layout of the building and escape routes as indicated by the green ‘running man’ signs and ensure that these routes are kept free from obstruction.
o Be familiar with the contents of the Fire Action Notices located at various points
throughout the building, which inform you what to do in the event of a fire.
o Ensure that any electrical equipment used relating to your hiring e.g. sound systems has been suitably tested by a competent person and is safe.
o Not use unauthorised heating appliances or highly flammable substances.
o Ensure that the Fire brigade is called to all fires no matter how small and that the
Booking Secretary is informed.
The HIRER shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the Hall.
Ending your booking - Locking up.
At the end of your booking the hall must be cleaned back to the condition that you found it in, the HIRER is responsible for closing and locking all windows, all doors and making sure all tables and chairs have been returned to the store room. The hall must be left by the HIRER in a state ready for the next booking. All possessions of the HIRER must be removed so as to not affect the next booking.
When the HIRER cancels a booking, THE COMMITTEE will make a refund within 30 days.
In the event THE COMMITTEE must cancel a HIRERS booking due the Committee, a FULL refund will be made to the HIRER within 7 days.
In the event THE COMMITTEE choose to terminate the HIRERS booking due to a breach of the BOOKING AGREEMENT by the HIRER, any refund is at the discretion of The Preston Candover Village Hall Committee.